30 Life Lessons I’ve Learned at 30
#28: More freedom > more money
- If you keep saying “no” to invites, pretty soon they’ll stop coming.
- You can choose to be whatever you want to be.
- 95% of the world will never be successful — even though they could be if they wanted to.
- The more you do, the luckier you get.
- Long-term consistency beats short-term intensity.
- Don’t always listen to “common sense.” It’s usually designed by the majority to neuter you into submission.
- Read a ton of books.
- Making yourself do uncomfortable things is a very good idea.
- Most people who say they want to travel the world never actually do, which is weird.
- If you keep finding yourself trying to “get through” your life, you should probably change something.
- Avoid negative and critical people. They’ll drag you down in their misery.
- Most people tell you there’s only an “A” or a “B” answer, but there’s always a “C”.
- Things that people say “can’t be done” can usually be done.
- People are scared you’ll live out their dreams first, so they’ll try and prevent you from accomplishing that.
- Sometimes, progress comes hard. Take what you can.
- Knowing how to make a million dollars is infinitely better than simply owning a million dollars.
- Money isn’t a good-enough motivator.
- This too shall pass.
- Humanity repeats the same cycles. Learn accordingly.
- You are entirely responsible for the outcome of your life. And that is a glorious thing.
- Try as hard as you can to be abashedly, unashamedly yourself.
- And people will criticize you for that. That’s OK — their criticisms only confirm you’re on the right path.
- When the loading is at “99%” complete, it’s probably still got a long way to go.
- Get out of debt as fast as possible.
- Less is better.
- Advertisements, by nature, are designed to convince you you’re not good enough. Avoid and ignore them.
- Your life is a product of your standards. If you tolerate low-level living, that’s what you’ll get.
- More freedom > more money.
- You don’t have to be the same person you were a year (or ten years) ago.
- All you have is yourself, so treat yourself well.
Ready To Level-Up?
If you want to become extraordinary and become 10x more effective than you were before, check out my checklist.